Fifth Annual Open Endoscopy Forum (OEF)
at Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
September 13-15th, 2019, Cambridge MA. USA
On behalf of the organizing committee, we want to express our appreciation and excitement for your participation in this novel educational event. The fifth Annual Open Endoscopy Forum will be held September 13-15th, 2019 at MIT in Cambridge MA, USA.
Come and join us for a unique weekend interacting with surgeons, scientists, entrepreneurs who will educate and challenge you discussing cutting-edge developments in our speciality and beyond. We dare you to come and not learn something new you will introduce into your practice !
Program Committee (Fifth OEF):
Ellis Downes, MD, FRCOG
Amy Garcia, MD
Linda Griffith, PhD
Keith Isaacson, MD
Ceana Nezhat, MD, FACOG, FACS
Resad Paya Pasic, MD
Peter Rosenblatt, MD
OEF – 2019: Accepted Speakers
- Hilary Critchley, FRSE, FRSB, FMedSci, FFSRH, FRCOG, FRANZCOG, Professor of Reproductive Medicine, Honorary Consultant Ob/GYN, and Head of School of Clinical Sciences, University of Edinburgh.
- Alan Decherney, MD, National Institutes of Health
- Cecile Ferrando, MD MPH, Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery Specialist, Center for Urogynecology & Pelvic Reconstructive Surgery, Center for LGBT Care, Cleveland Clinic
- Amy Garcia, MD, Center for Women’s Surgery, Albuquerque NM
- Cara King, DO, MS, Assistant Professor (CHS), Co-Director of Simulation Learning Lab U Wisconsin Medical School Ob/Gyn
- Megan Loring, MD. Newton-Wellesley Hospital MIGS and MIT Center for Gynepathology Research
- Javier Magrina, MD, Mayo Clinic Arizona
- William Parker, MD, Clinical Professor, Department of Ob Gyn and Reproductive Sciences, UC San Diego School of Medicine
- Ajay Rane, MD, PhD, MBBS, MSc, FRCS, FRCOG, FRANZCOG, CU, FICOG(Hon) Chair & Head OB/Gyn James Cook University Townsville Hospitals, Townsville Queensland, Australia
- Jessica Shepard, MD, MBA, FACOG, Baylor College of Medicine and Women’s Health Group
- Frank Tu, MD, MPH NorthShore University HealthSystem, Clin Assoc Prof, University of Chicago, Pritzker School of Medicine;
- Warren Volker, MD, PhD Volker Health Care
An incredible behind the scenes look at researchers, both academic and clinical, how they think, challenges they face, and outcomes. Most importantly they expose themselves to their human side.... challenges, hopes and frailties."
A must if you can
Peter J. Maher
University of Melbourne
Mercy Hospital for Women, Heidelberg
Brilliant, interesting and thought provoking meeting. The leading endoscopists of the world and best MIT scientists speaking freely about things that matter most.
Roy Mashiach, MD
Vice Chair Department of OBGYN
Sheba Medical Center
Tel Aviv, Isreal
We are very excited about hosting the fifth annual OEF. Most who attended the previous OEF felt this was a weekend of learning, dialogue and camaraderie like no other they had experienced.
World class lecturers raised the bar to teach in a TED-like format which included telling a personal story while making important teaching points. There was laughter, tears and an incredible amount of education.
Views talks from previous year here.