Fourth Annual Open Endoscopy Forum (OEF)
at Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
September 28-30th, 2018, Cambridge MA. USA
On behalf of the organizing committee, we want to express our appreciation and excitement for your participation in this novel educational event. The fourth Annual Open Endoscopy Forum will be held September 28-30th, 2018 at MIT in Cambridge MA, USA.
Come and join us for a unique weekend interacting with surgeons, scientists, entrepreneurs who will educate and challenge you discussing cutting-edge developments in our speciality and beyond. We dare you to come and not learn something new you will introduce into your practice !
Ellis Downes – Program Chair
OEF – 2018: Speakers
- Padma Lakshmi, author, television host, patient, Visiting Scholar, MIT Department of Biological Engineering
- Dr. Tamer Seckin, Lenox Hill Hospital
- Steve Palmer, Baylor College of Medicine, Associate Professor, Director of Lead Discovery & Development
- Ridhi Tariyal, CEO, NextGen Jane (Oakland, CA)
- Dr. Kristen Matteson, Director of Research Department OBGYN, Brown University
- Prof. Roz Picard, MIT Media Lab and Director of the Affective Computing Research Group
- Prof. Helder Ferreira, ICBAS Medical School, University of Porto, Portugal
- Dr. Jessica Shepherd, University of Illinois
- Dr. Sara Brucker, Medical Director, Research Institute for Women’s Health, University of Tübingen,
- Dr. Tim McKinney, Clinical Professor at Drexel Medical School, Medical Director of LaBorie, CEO, Centinel Medical Technologies
- Prof. Vinay Rane, Womens Hospital, Melbourne
- Ruth Bunker Lathi, Associate Professor of Ob/Gyn, R&E, and Infertility, Stanford University
- Dr. Tim Deimling, Assistant Professor of Obstetrics, Penn State, OB/Gyn
- Dr. Amy Garcia, Lovelace Medical Centre, Albuqerque
- Cassius Kiani, Co-Founder, Atlas Neu
- Prof. Lilo Mettler, University Hospital Kiel
- Dr. Jay Hudgens, Eastern Virginia Medical School
- Dr. Temitope Awosogba, Pelvis & MIS Fellow, Lahey Hospital
- Dr. Licia Raymond, UW Raveena Clinic, Seattle, WA
An incredible behind the scenes look at researchers, both academic and clinical, how they think, challenges they face, and outcomes. Most importantly they expose themselves to their human side…. challenges, hopes and frailties.”
A must if you can
Peter J. Maher
University of Melbourne
Mercy Hospital for Women, Heidelberg
Brilliant, interesting and thought provoking meeting. The leading endoscopists of the world and best MIT scientists speaking freely about things that matter most.
Roy Mashiach, MD
Vice Chair Department of OBGYN
Sheba Medical Center
Tel Aviv, Isreal
We are very excited about hosting the fourth annual OEF. Most who attended the previous OEF felt this was a weekend of learning, dialogue and camaraderie like no other they had experienced.
World class lecturers raised the bar to teach in a TED-like format which included telling a personal story while making important teaching points. There was laughter, tears and an incredible amount of education.
Views talks from previous year here.